The 50th edition of Media Expo concluded as a successful event highlighting the transition towards innovative, sustainable and eco-friendly advertising solutions. With product showcases from 178 exhibitors including 17% new participants on the show floors, the event garnered a record-breaking footfall of 19,056 visitors and buyers from 25 countries and 30 Indian states and union territories.
Bringing innovations from across the sector, Media Expo garnered significant attention from the business heads, top industry personnel, suppliers and retailers visiting the fair who were treated to a glimpse of the futuristic technology in advertising, screen print and digital signage platforms. The milestone edition witnessed a notable shift with more and more exhibitors focussing on either showcasing an environmentally friendly version of the products available in the market or solutions infused with smart software to create better experiences for the audience.
Reflecting on the business gains through Media Expo, Mr Santosh Nair, Group Director and CEO, Skytek Group mentions: “Media Expo’s 50th edition was a real true-blue event in the making. With a record-breaking footfall which took us back in the pre covid era we were highly elated with the tremendous response from the visiting potentials. Skytek has gained lot of mileage from Media Expo and this edition was no different. We closed some great deals at the show and we were as well supported by Media Expo team to be well exposed to the visiting crowd.”
Amazed by the range in the signage sector one of the visitors Mr Sapan Joshi, Director, Flying Colors, mentioned: “I have been to several exhibitions to explore signage solutions, but I am surprised with the range being displayed at Media Expo. Signage solutions have been evolving rapidly over the years and importance for digital signage has been considered as one of the most effective marketing tools. This show will give you a range of quality choices to explore around signages and outdoors advertising.”
Sharing his feedback on Media Expo, Mr Sanjay Bindroo, Vice President – Sales, Arrow Digital Private Limited, mentioned that: “During Media Expo, Mumbai, we launched EFI Pro 16h, 3.2 mtr Hybrid UV printer and showcased Canon Colorado 1650 UVgel printer for the first time in Mumbai. Both the machines were showstoppers as visitors were impressed with the print quality, features and productivity of these printers. We had a busy time on all three days as the footfall was great. There were targeted visitors who were looking for new solutions to add to their current portfolio. Overall the show was successful and we had good leads to follow up.”
With a focus on education and training in order to increase overall awareness levels, there were panel discussions held on colour management and the future of screen print industry in India reflecting key insights regarding the current and upcoming trends in the industry.
“Participating in the Simplifying Colours panel discussion at Media Expo 2023 was a great opportunity to delve into the complexities of colour management and how it needs to be addressed. The engaged audience made for a lively and productive conversation, and I am honoured to have been a part of it. I thank Messe Frankfurt for organising such an informative and thought-provoking event,” said Vimal Parmar, India Editor – Photo Imaging News, Independent Marketing Consultant & Digital Print Evangelist.
The golden jubilee edition also saw Industrial Print Excellence awards recognising and celebrating innovation excellence in industrial screen printing.
Highlights of the milestone edition:
Exciting new launches in the print industry:
- Ikon introduced new ILCM-1410 & ILCM-1325 by providing new advanced features with cutting thickness up to 25mm and a supported graphic format like PLT, CDR, DWG, DST, BMP and JPEG.
- IDS launched their fibre/metal laser cutting machine with internationally advanced brand fibre lasers, imported servo motor and gearing system providing precise cutting at high efficiency.
- Allwin introduced C512i digital inkjet printer with their high-grade solvent ink being the highlight for the expo and a roll-to-roll media transmission making it more advanced.
- Epson launched Surecolor SC-F530 & SC-F130 providing new features like interactive t-shirt printing, cushion covers, bags, mugs and even aluminium photo frames. They also introduced Surecolor SC-40670, SC-S60670 and SC-S80670 with automatic media alignment, printhead cleaning and remote management features ensuring great ease during operations.
Evolving times in signage sector:
- Perfect Product Company (PPC) introduces a new feature of aluminium barcode asset tags and stainless-steel name plates. They also provide services like aluminium sublimation and multicolour with digital types of self-adhesive labels in vinyl, polyester and silver foil.
- Arihant LED following the “Make in India” initiative have introduced new range of products featuring zig-zag strip and LED rigid bar series with high brightness and reliability making them effective for their installations at subways, airports, bus stations and backlight board
Media Expo Mumbai 2023 concluded on a high note introducing the industry to a new face of innovation in advertising, print media and the signage segment. The next edition of Media Expo, which is scheduled to be held at Greater Noida, from 14 – 16 September 2023, will continue to feature a wide variety of high-end innovations on its show floor.